Current Affairs in Short: 27 March 2020
Post Offices providing basic services during lock down
• The Post Offices are providing basic postal and financial services in the wake of the 21-day lockdown announced by the Union Government. This was informed by the Ministry of Communications on March 27, 2020.
• The postal offices are giving priority to delivery of essential items.
• The post offices are also allowing withdrawal and deposit under Post Office Savings Bank and India Post Payments Bank.
• Besides this, facilities such as Aadhar Enabled Payment System and ATM facility are also available in post offices for withdrawal of money from any bank account.
High-level committee approves Rs. 5,751 crore worth fund for 8 states
• A high-level committee, chaired by Home Minister Amit Shah has approved funds worth Rs 5,751 crore to eight states for calamity damage relief.
IIT Gandhinagar launches Project ‘Isaac’
• The Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (IITGN) has launched ‘Project Isaac’ to engage students in creative projects during the COVID-19 lockdown.
India’s GDP growth slashed to 2.5 percent in 2020
• Moody’s Investors Service on March 27, 2020 reduced India’s GDP growth in 2020 to 2.5 percent from the earlier estimate of 5.3 percent.
Post Views: 2
|Responsive Ads Here!|